Monday, December 30, 2019

My 2020 Reading Goals

Happy Sunday. Well the end of 2019 is nearly here, and I think I've finally settled on my reading goals for the coming year. I've set my goal on the lower side I've what I'm truly capable of, but for good reason. I tend to devour the kinds of books that I read on a daily basis, but when it comes to selections outside my normal genre I read much, much slower. 

Here is a breakdown of my 2020 goals.
1)   Total book count is 100. 

2)   6 classics this year (all from the 100 Books to Read Before You Die shelf on Goodreads) https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/100-books-to-read-before-you-die
Here are my choices (at least 6 to be read and I've also included a few rereads as well)
            1.  1984 by George Orwell
            2.  To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
            3.  The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
            4.  Animal Farm by George Orwell
            5.  Lord of the Flies by William Golding
            6.  Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
            7.  Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr
            8.  Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
            9.  The Color Purple by Alice Walker
           10.  Life of Pi by Yann Martel
           11.  Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
           12.  The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
           13.  The Call of the Wild by Jack London
           14.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 
           15.  American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
           16.  The Green Mile by Stephen King  **
           17.  Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins  **
           18.  The Road by Cormac McCarthy  **
           19.  The Stand by Stephen King  **
           20.  Little Women by Louisa May Alcott  **

3)  Entering the following year long challenge: Yahtzee Challenge through Goodreads Group Romance Readers Reading Challenge. The current one ends in February, and in the case they do not repeat it for the coming year, then I will be following the criteria for the current years challenge and just follow it myself. 

4)  I will also be entering the odd monthly challenge here and there. The Pick it For Me challenge, and the BOTM challenge, also a Monthly Word Hunt challenge. 

5)  Read at least 6 other books outside of my usual genre. Those books can be used for the other challenges I've entered as well. 

One of the most important things about my goals is to read more enriching books. I've always felt sort of gipped that I never read the books most high schoolers or early college students should have read. So this is an opportunity to right that a bit. I may not be sure exactly what all of those books might have been, but the list I've chosen must include at least of few of them. The other part of all this is to review and blog about those books I've read and the progress I'm making towards my goals. All in all it should be an interesting year. 

Happy New Year!!!
~Mama Llama

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear about what you think about the book in question or about the comments I've left. I'm always up for a lively conversation.